DTU Bioinformatics is structured in three strategic research themes. The themes cover areas where we expect significant future developments.
Center for genomic Epidemiology
A number of whole microbial genome analysis tools are available at
The research at DTU Bioinformatics is focused on benefitting from the wealth of new data and data types being generated within life science to improve human and animal health and develop solutions to problems of biotechnological and industrial interest. A cornerstone in achieving this is the dedicated effort within DTU Bioinformatics to develop artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions to the challenge of handling and interpreting large scale and heterogeneous data.
The research within DTU Bioinformatics covers three main areas:
The three scientific research themes are horizontally connected and supported by six research groups and one core HPC facility Computerome.
1. Disease Intelligence and Molecular Evolution, leader Ramneek Gupta
2. Genomic Epidemiology, leader Ole Lund
3. Metagenomics, leader Thomas Sicheritz-Ponten
4. Immunoinformatics and Machine Learning, leader Morten Nielsen
5. Cancer Genomics, leader Zoltan Szallasi
6. Integrative Systems Biology, leader Søren Brunak
7. High Performance Computing, leader Peter Løngreen